In the washing machine category, a semi-automatic washing machine pops up as the easy to choose an option. These machines have two different sections, the first one for washing and the second one for drying. From washing clothes to drying, you can do both the things with this option. These are large, heavy, and easy to use, but the most important thing is, these are cheaper options.
These washing machines are widely used around the globe due to its lower price and all the great features. It is not as much as convenient as fully automatic, but there are so many benefits that you can expect from this one only. Let’s learn about all the advantages and disadvantages of getting started –
Advantages of Semi-Automatic Washing Machines
After years of use, you can easily find that there are many advantages that are easy to obtain from a semi-automatic option.
- Great Capacity – You can find high capacity options in the semi-automatic section. The variety is wide in this category, and you can expect effective working even with lots of clothes into the machine. In other words, a semi-automatic washing machine can take more load.
- Affordable Price – For the price of fully-automatic machines, you can get high-tech and the most advanced semi-automatic washing machine in higher capacity options. There are very affordable options available in the same. You can get a lower capacity option at three times the price of a fully-automatic option. Isn’t it one of the best deals to grab?
- Lower Power Consumption – Due to simple features and mechanical knobs, semi-automatic machines consume 30% lesser electricity, and if you buy a washing machine with five stars rating in energy consumption, then you can add 20% more into the same. It will reduce your expenses, and this is the major reason behind buying the same.
- Less Water Usage – You can put an adequate amount of water into the washing machine, and it will wash clothes in the same amount. In a fully automatic option, you can’t control the usage of water, and such machines usually take extra water from the semi-automatic options.
- Washing time – On a sunny day, using a dryer of the washing machine is a bad choice, so you can go after the washing cycle only. It will save time and help you preserve energy at the same time. You can dry clothes directly in sunlight and avoid any kind of wastage with this method. However, if you use the dryer, then it might take some extra time.
- Washing Quality – Using a genuine detergent and proper amount of water, you can expect normal washing quality. It is not similar to washing with hands, but it is acceptable.
These are all the major features that you can easily expect from a semi-automatic washing machine available in the market.
Disadvantages of Semi-Automatic Washing Machine
Over some time, you can find that there are several things that can make you feel disappointed toward the purchase of a semi-automatic washing machine. These areas follow –
- Require Extra Space – Due to having two different units for washing and drying, these machines are large in size. You need extra laundry space to use such machines in your home. Even these are heavy also, which can make it hard to move from one place to another.
- Scrub before wash – Before putting clothes into the washing machine, you need to take care of stains. Such washing machines are not capable of scrub and thoroughly washing. This can make you feel bad toward usability.
- Manual intervention – When clothes are washed, and you rinsed them out with clean water, it is time to put all those into the dryer section. Clothes become heavy when they are wet, and it can require some extra effort. Even your presence is required for manual intervention, which can make you feel bad about it.
- Manual Controls – The manual knobs are easy to learn, but you have to use them whenever you wash clothes. An automatic washing machine manages everything, but it is not possible with this option.
- Makes Extra Noise – This is the last con about owning a semi-automatic washing machine. During the use, you can find that these make slightly extra noise as compared to the fully automatic. Even if you are far away from the machine, you can feel the bass coming from it.
These are all the disadvantages that you can find. Still, all of these are acceptable when you will be using the machine rarely, or you have a lower budget.
A semi-automatic washing machine isn’t a bad choice for the price. All the disadvantages can frighten you toward the purchase, but if you get the high-quality option, then few cons disappear from the same. You can find compact-sized options, and they are also good to consider.